Pages

03 December 2009

A New State


I have finally woken up from my vegetive state. Artistically speaking that is. For the last month or so, I have not been artistically motivated for anything. Not only that, but getting back here to Chile and getting back into the swing of things has taken a lot out of us physically and mentally.

A couple of days ago, however, I tripped over my forever lasting buffet/dresser project, and... I don't know... I just said, that's enough. Then I started working on my buffet again and I made a huge amount of progress. It was all kind of crazy how it all worked out.

I'm currently testing finishing materials to see which one I want to use. While I was waiting for some of my urethanes to finish drying I just started cutting the boards that I had hanging on the wall, with no real direction, and came up with my new hanging sculpture. Since I'm poor, I just recycled my boards. I like the new sculpture though. Even though the boards were nice, my wife and I were ready for something new.

As for the buffet, I think it should be done in a couple of weeks. Then I will have more photos for you folks. For now though, I just say Choa...

5 comments:

Eric Olson said...

Glad to see you posting again. I like the hanging sculpture. I think I like this one more than the old design. And the buffet looks like its really coming together.

Tikimama said...

This sculpture is gorgeous!

Eric McGrew said...

Thanks folks. I really had fun making it as well.

Maria Gabriela said...

Cool hanging art !!! I really like it.

V

Eric McGrew said...

I'm glad you like it "V"...if that's your real name?! Who is Maria Gabriela? Is that like your hush hush secret squirrel name for all the underground evil art world echelons that you're following, or is it just someone elses log in?