Pages

01 September 2011

Chris Haberman's The Nifty Fifties Art Show by Elroy ArtSpace

Yes... I know. It's a very long post title. That my friends is how life is at times. It just takes time to explain what's going on. That... is exactly how I feel about now.

Once upon a time I wanted to live in Oregon. We moved to Chile South America instead. Believe it or not, we got to Oregon, just the Latin version of it. So, I've been told at least. However, it's times like these that I miss not having moved to the real Oregon. Beyond the fact that people speak English there, which can be nice at times, Oregon and the city of Portland are very artsy. On top of that, they seem to be Mid-Century artsy. Elroy ArtSpace has a way of constantly bringing this point to my attention. That's a good thing...and once again, this morning, I found myself wanting to be in Portland one more time. See, I got a post on my wall (FB, of course) from Elroy ArtSpace mentioning another show there doing called The Nifty Fifties, and I had to check it out. Upon looking at what appeared on the screen I immediately wanted to attend. Reality dictates that I will not be attending. Sheer distance alone makes it virtually impossible for me. But my friend... not for you... So, if you can, you should go...but wait! There's a good reason why.

Chris Haberman is this reason. Why? Well...because, Mayor Sam Adams has said that “Chris is the hardest working artist in Portland.” Elroy ArtSpace seems to think that, that is a common consensus. I'm pretty sure that not too many Mayors have said that about other artists. In fact, if you go to www.elroyartspace.com you will find out even more about Chris Haberman's accomplishments, and they're really worth noting. There is also a video interview with him here.

However, I'm going to talk to you about why I want to go so bad.When landing upon the "Nifty Fifties" promotional page I found the following (all art is courtesy of Elroy ArtSpace/Chris Habermann and is copyrighted for use under their approval only):



I mean, these paintings are just cool! It's pretty impressive. From what I've see online, not all his work looks like this, but is still very captivating. I really like the MCM look of the painting that Elroy ArtSpace has listed on their site. So, if you like what you see here, It would be worth your while to check this showing out. Plus, someone's got to go. That way you can give me your review on how this shin-dig went down. For all the skinny on the show make sure you check out www.elroyartspace.com

No comments: