Pages

15 May 2013

DIY: The Mid-Century Way

Talking to people today about DIY (Do-it-yourself) projects is kinda funny. It's funny because, everyone I talk to gets upset if they can't find the right project on youtube.com.

Yeah, I get it... We live in the modern era, but honestly, have you every tried to watch an online tutorial about something you have to do outside? It's not the worst thing ever. However, it can get to be a bit of a sticky wicket.

So, how can we solve such a problem? Well, let's revert a bit to simpler times and use a good ole fashion book. That's right... A book. You may ask, but where can I find such a book? Well, the good ole Interweb has all you might need. However, I'm not going to just throw you to the wolves, as it were. I'm going to help you.

Do you see that image at the top of this post? Well, that is a book that I had wanted for a long time. A while back, I finally bought it. You know what? I LOVE IT! ABSOLUTELY! It's great. It has cool ideas, cool art, and it's easy to understand. Plus, it uses my favorite material. Plywood... Also, if you haven't noticed, it's for everyone. It's says so right in the title. So it has to be true. Well, I'll take that back. It's not for people who don't want to build with plywood, or those who don't want to do wood working projects at all. However, if you DO want to, then it really is for you. In fact, I have found a copy of if for sale for you. Check below. If it's sold by the time you get to the link, search from time to time on the web, or on Ebay*, and another copy will pop up. For a book that's been out of print for some time, it sure keeps coming around. Any way, it's worth the purchase.


No comments: