Pages

16 May 2013

Oyler House...I Just Stumbled Across It...


The Oyler House: Richard Neutra's Desert Retreat - OFFICIAL TRAILER from Mike Dorsey on Vimeo.

I don't remember how, or particularly why, but yesterday, I searched something and found a treasure trove of cool videos. Now, while these videos may not teach you anything particularly new or amazing, to hear them from the Mr. Oyler, is still very cool. Plus, to see old 60's home videos is always fun.

Yeah, we've all heard of the famous Oyler House. If you haven't that's ok too. That just means your still learning, and we all started off there at some point. However I ran across this article on curbed LA somehow isn't the important thing. Finding them is. There I found an interesting video on Vimeo, and then I began to find other cool videos to take a peek at.

So, being the nice guy that I am, I figured I'd let you enjoy, not only one of the videos, but all that I found on the Oyler House by Richard Neutra*.

The Oyler House - Outside Inside from Mike Dorsey on Vimeo.

Oyler House - Drawings from Mike Dorsey on Vimeo.

Oyler House - Rock Pool from Mike Dorsey on Vimeo.

Oyler House - Neutra's Camel Table from Mike Dorsey on Vimeo.

I think that there are one or two more videos that you can watch about the Oyler house by Mike Dorsey on his vimeo. Just click on any of these videos to go to his vimeo site and look for the links at the bottom of the page.

If your inspired by these videos and would love to live in your own Neutra house, then you should skip on over to Curbed.com. It's really an interesting read.

Also, if your trying to find out more about Richard Neutra* as an architect, then you should check out these sources too.
http://www.trianglemodernisthouses.com/neutra.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Neutra


No comments: